Many of the common poisons such as chocolate, raisins and grapes, lillies (with cats), slug bait, rat poison and antifreeze as well as medicines such as ibuprofen are more widely known about by pet owners these days.

Keeping any medicines and food items out of reach and keeping sheds and garages secure significantly reduces the chances of accidental poisoning.

If you are unsure about something that your pet has eaten then call us immediately and we can advise if treatment is necessary at the practice. Ideally have any relevant packaging to hand to let us know specific ingredients and amounts.

Alternatively, you can call the Animal Poisonline on 01202 509000  24 hours a day. Fees are £35 before 8pm and £45 after that. They can provide specialist advise on if your pet needs veterinary treatment.
https://www.vetedit.com/images/filetypeicons/16x16/pdf.png Pets and poisons leaflet

At the Ardmore Veterinary Group we aim to provide the highest standard of professional veterinary care. If you find any of the information displayed incorrect please do not hesitate to call us. We are here to listen and assist in any way we can.

Homepage  •   Contact   •   Sitemap

©2024 Ardmore Veterinary Group Ltd Registered in England, company number 5937255

P 01787 372588  E reception@ardmorevets.co.uk

Website by: